Chicken Walnut Momos
400g chicken mince
½ cup onion finely chopped
2 tbsp garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
½ cup chopped California Walnuts
2 cups refined flour
1 tsp oil
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup water
For the chutney:
250 gm Roasted Tomatoes
1 dried red chilli
2 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
1 tbsp mustard seed oil
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1. To make the momos, combine the mince, onion, shallot, coriander, cumin, garlic, chopped California Walnuts, ginger and nutmeg in a bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
4. Place the flour and salt in a bowl.
5. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the water.
6. Use a wooden spoon in a cutting motion to mix until almost combined, adding extra water if necessary.
7. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
8.Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth.
9.Place in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 20 minutes to rest.
10. Brush a large baking tray with olive oil to lightly grease. Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into a ball. Use the palm of your hand to flatten.
11. Use a rolling pin to roll out to an 8cm-diameter disc. Holding the dough disc in the palm of your hand, place 1 tablespoonful of mince mixture in the centre.
12. Bring the dough together to enclose the filling, pleating and pinching the edges to seal. Place on the prepared tray and cover with a damp tea towel.
13. Add enough water to a wok to reach a depth of 5cm. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Brush a large bamboo steamer with olive oil to lightly grease. Place one-third of the momos in the steamer and cover.
14. Place over the wok and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining momos.
15. To make the chutney take all ingredients in a mixer & grind to a smooth chutney
Gobble Chicken Wanut Momos चिकन वालनट मोमो Street Food
Uploaded on YouTube by Gobble